About Sierra Medical Center in Reno, NV
Northern Nevada Sierra Medical Center opened in April 2022. It is the first full-service hospital to be built in the region in nearly a century.
Because of the rapid population growth in the Reno and Sparks region, Sierra Medical Center, has expanded healthcare services so patients have convenient access to quality healthcare. Sierra Medical Center provides that access to the community by offering services including cardiology, oncology, labor and delivery, neurology, orthopedics and much more.
Sierra Medical Center is part of Northern Nevada Health System, a regional multi-facility system that has excelled at offering quality care to residents of the greater Truckee Meadows. The health system has many locations across the region and in our rural communities. This includes Northern Nevada Medical Center, a 124-bed acute care hospital in Sparks, and primary care services and a wide range of specialty care through Northern Nevada Medical Group. Our providers have locations throughout Reno, Sparks, Fallon and Bishop to serve the community.
Mission, Vision and Values
Sierra Medical Center is committed to maintaining and improving the well-being of the community and prides itself on quality services, patient satisfaction, safety, and employee engagement.
Our mission is to provide excellence in clinical care that our patients will recommend to their families and friends, physicians prefer for their patients, purchasers select for their clients, and our employees can be proud of.
Our vision is to be recognized as the provider of choice for healthcare services in our community where we are trusted by our patients, families, and physicians to provide a safe, caring, and compassionate experience.
- Compassion: We treat everyone with kindness and warmth because we genuinely care about every patient, employee and physician like they are family.
- Empathy: We put ourselves in our patient’s shoes and deliver clinical care with a personalized touch.
- Teamwork: We foster a caring and friendly work environment to bring the best possible outcomes in our patient’s lives.
- Quality: We strive to provide excellence in clinical care.
- Ethics: We conduct our business with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Respect: We promise to honor the dignity, individuality and rights of everyone.
- Service Excellence: We provide personalized and professional service that exceeds the expectations of those we serve.
- Innovation: We continually invest in technology and process improvements to develop new and better ways of delivering clinical care.
We are committed to providing healthcare services that patients recommend to family and friends, purchasers select for their clients, employees are proud of and investors seek for long term returns. We will realize this vision through our commitment to the following principles:
- We provide superior quality patient care.
- We are committed to being a highly ethical healthcare provider.
- We value each member of our team and all their good work.
- We are devoted to serving our local community.
- Helen Lidholm, BSN, MBA, Interim Chief Executive Officer
- Katie Grimm, RN, BSN, MBA, Chief Nursing Officer
- Philip Reber, MHA, Interim Chief Operations Officer
- Ryan Heit, MBA, Chief Financial Officer
Board of Governors
- Letitia Anderson, MD
- Kimberly Baxter, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
- Onetta Fanlo
- Estela Gutierrez
- Kamal Jemmoua
- Travis Kieckbusch, MD
- Helen Lidholm, BSN, MBA, CEO of Northern Nevada Medical Center
- Karla Perez, Regional VP
- Steve Polikalas
- Kacey Queen
- Leslie Smith
- James Sullivan, DO
- Tom White
2021-24 Medical Staff Officers
Medical Executive Officers
- Chief of Staff — Letitia Anderson, MD
- Vice Chief of Staff — Sowjanya (Sujii) Reganti, MD
- Secretary — James Nachiondo, MD
- Surgery Co-Chairs — Paul Shonnard, MD and Sharon Wright, MD
- Medicine — Steven Parker, MD
- Women and Children — Vickie Tippett, MD
- Travis Anderson, MD
- Brandi Kindig, MD
- Eric Kraemer, MD
- Peter Lim, MD Eric Osgard, MD
- Theodore (Tadd) Pratt, MD
- Suresh Reddy, MD
- Aleem Surani, MD
- Mukesh Sharma, MD
- Andrew Tomlinson, MD
- Glenda Umali, MD