Sierra Medical Center is a preferred provider on the Prominence Health Plan, Anthem® Blue Cross Blue Shield® and State of Nevada PPO plans.
If you have questions regarding your anesthesia billing, please call 775-507-3390.
Get Acquainted with Your Insurance Coverage
It’s a good idea to take the time to review your insurance coverage before any planned hospital stay. You are responsible for the total charges for the care and treatment you received at Sierra Medical Center. In most cases, the hospital will accept your assignment of insurance benefits and will forward your hospital bill directly to the insurance company.
We will allow 90 days from the date that we bill the insurance company for payment. If you have not received a notice of payment from your insurer within 60 days of receiving a copy of your hospital bill, we recommend that you contact the insurer directly to encourage speedy payment. If the insurance company has not sent payment to the hospital within 90 days, the status of your account will change from “insurance pay” to “patient pay.” At that time, you will be expected to make prompt payment.
If you need help in understanding your insurance coverage or the hospital’s billing procedures and charges, please call our business services department at 775-799-7320. If a question arises about your insurance coverage, a business services representative will contact you or a member of your family while you are here. Additional information may be needed in order to process your claims.
Insurance Plans Accepted
Sierra Medical Center accepts the following insurance plans:
- Aetna (HMO and PPO)
- Aetna (Medicare Advantage)
- Aetna QHP Exchange
- AllWell (SilverSummit MA)
- AmBetter Select (Silversummit’s new Exchange plan)
- AmBetter (Exchange)
- American Choice Provider Network (ACPN)
- Anthem BCBS / Anthem Pathway
- Anthem BCBS (LBP)
- Anthem MediBlue (NV MA) – OptumCare
- Anthem Medicaid BCBS Healthcare Solutions (fka Amerigroup)
- Anthem Medicaid-CA
- Anthem Medicare Advantage
- BC/TN UHS Corp Emp
- BCBS Secondary
- Cigna local Plus
- Cigna (LBP)
- Cigna International (CISEL)
- Custom Ink Employee Health Plan
- First Health
- First Health (LBP)
- Health Direct Partners/HDP
- HPN, HPN-POS, MyHPN
- HPN SmartChoice/Nevada Check-Up (Medicaid)
- Humana Commercial (HMO and PPO)
- Humana Medicare Advantage (Kentucky)
- Molina Healthcare (eff 1/1/2022)
- MPI Complementary Network/PHCS
- MPI Complementary Network/PHCS (LBP)
- MPI Complementary Network
- MPI Complementary Network (LBP)
- MPI Primary Network (fka Beech Street)
- MPI Primary Network (LBP)
- Nevada Business Coalition (NHP)
- Prominence PHCN HealthFirst HMO
- Prominence PHCN PPO (UHN Tier IX)
- Prominence Medicare Advantage
- Select Health Value Network
- Select Health Med Network
- Select Health (NV MA)
- SHL / SHO / NNHN
- SilverSummit Healthplan (Medicaid)
- State of Nevada (SHO)
- TriCare (HNFS)
- TriWest (VA Patent Centered Community Care)
- UHC AARP Medicare Advantage – National
- UHC AARP Medicare Advantage and Walgreen’s (fka Senior Dimensions) – OptumCare
- United Healthcare – Employees
- United Healthcare – UHS Employees
- United Healthcare all Payers
- United Healthcare all Payers (LBP)
- United Healthcare (PPO)
- Universal Health Network Tier I
- Valenz Access
- Veterans Evaluation Services
Contracted Payers may change; for the most accurate information please refer to the payer’s on-line provider directory.
A referral from your healthcare provider, for services at Sierra Medical Center, does not ensure services will be covered as “in-network” by your health plan. Authorization by your health plan may be required to obtain “in-network” services.
This listing includes most contracts, but Groups and Employers are subject to change.
Sierra Medical Center is On Most of the Area’s Health Plans
Sierra Medical Center is a preferred provider for most of the area’s health plans, including the region’s largest commercial insurer, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield network.
The hospital also is a preferred provider for the State of Nevada Public Employees’ Benefits Program PPO plan, Prominence Health Plan’s HMO networks, Universal Health Network, Nevada Health Partners and many more.
TRICARE® is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency. All rights reserved.