Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Reno, Nevada
Level II NICU for Infants With Special Needs
Northern Nevada Sierra Medical Center’s 12-bed, Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is ready to provide care to infants born at 32 weeks gestation or later who have needs or conditions that require specialized medical attention.
Take a 360-Degree Tour of the NICU
The unit is equipped with advanced medical technology, with direct access to the NICU from the labor rooms and operating rooms. Other accommodations include:
- Cardiac monitors for every patient
- IV and umbilical catheters for medication administration and blood pressure monitoring/lab tests
- Phototherapy for jaundice management
- Respiratory equipment including high-flow nasal cannula, bubble CPAP and ventilators
- Breast pumps at each bedside
- Privacy curtains and ample space for each patient and their family
- Four private rooms with noise control and isolation for our most sensitive patients
- Overnight accommodations for parents prior to discharge
- Specialized equipment (Giraffe Omnibed Carestation™) that serves as both an incubator and radiant warmer for infants
- Designated NICU waiting area for parents and visitors
- Breastfeeding support and developmental care for babies
Although we accommodate flexible visiting hours, each bed includes a NicView™ camera for live streaming of infants that enable you to stay connected in real time, 24/7.
As of January 2023, the NICU visitation policy is limited to visitors ages 18 and over only.
Find an OB/GYN
If you need a referral to an OB/GYN on the staff at Sierra Medical Center, call our free physician referral service at 775-356-6662.
Our staff includes:
- Hospital medicine providers with Level II NICU experience
- Registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapist, social workers, case managers and breast-feeding specialists, all who are specially trained to work with infants in the NICU
Our team will coordinate any necessary consultations with other specialists and communicate with local pediatricians prior to discharge.
If you need a referral to a physician at Northern Nevada Sierra Medical Center, call our free physician referral service at 775-356-6662.